Technology is constantly shaping the future and how we perceive things as an individual. It can change your ideas, behaviors, and even beliefs to unlimited extents which allow significant leaps throughout our timeline to bring us here, to the present. Technology is capable of the simplest innovations that make life a little bit more convenient to making nuclear bombs that can blow away an entire country. It is simply unpredictable where it will lead us next. I would like to think that it does us more good than harm, the pros outweighs the cons. Without it, would I be pressing buttons on a small electronic pad that allows infinite knowledge just with simple clicks? People might argue otherwise, but I believe that the one thing that separates us from cavemen is technology itself. Constant improvements upon improvements that opened our ancestors’ minds to new and better innovations brought us to where we are now and we continue to do so endlessly. Technology may be overwhelming and we might become too dependent on it, but the key lies within us, human curiosity. Curiosity has fueled men for centuries and that’s what allows us to be in control of such viral phenomena called Technology.

I am, like any other, an ordinary human being living in this world of machines. I am currently pursuing a career in the field of Health, Technology and Management, specifically in the fields of Respiratory Care where technology can mean life and death to those that come and go to see a Respiratory Therapist. It is one of those careers that depend heavily on machines to function properly, ranging from nebulizers to bilevel positive airway pressure machines. Technological innovations will improve upon such devices and create a healthier future. I was born in South Korea, and moved to the land of the American Dream where I faced many hardships to get to where I am now. Unlike the language barrier I faced back then, machines have always been a little kinder to me. In a sense that all technology spoke the same language - no matter where you are from the world. It only feels like yesterday when laptops were the next big thing and gas was $2.75 per gallon. Now we have computers that are light as books and phones that respond to your voice. Simply brilliant.