Hello! Welcome to my e-portfolio!
Here is a little bit about myself

My name is Shirley Lin and I'm currently enrolled in the Stony Brook Southampton Occupational Therapy Master's program, class of 2018.

I also earned my undergraduate bachelor's degree at Stony Brook University with the graduating class of 2013. I majored in Health Science with a concentration in Disability Studies and Human development, with intensions to further my education in an occupational therapy masters program.

Post-graduation, I dedicated a year and a half to completeing my pre-requisite courses at local colleges and exploring multple OT settings to expland my knowledge on the practice. Some of these settings include hand rehabilitation, pediatrics, outpatient services, and adult/geriatric psychiatry. 

What facinates me about OT is its holistic, client-centered, and evidence-based practice approach on improving one's quality of life. I will continue to explore the role of occupational therapy in various age-specific and disability-specific settings as I embark on fieldwork oppurtunities in my graduate cirriculum. 

"My ultimate goal in life is to make an impact on my family, an impact on my friends, an impact on a stranger, and an impact on the world. Human interaction is a beautiful thing and in every second of every minute I am affecting you and you are affecting me."