2010-2011 ePortfolios Consultants

Editor's ePortfolio Gallery

Editors
Sourav Tamang

Eda Charmaine Gimenez 
Nancy Wozniak

Contributing Editors
Patricia Aceves
Ahrum Kim
Ansue Jacob

Patricia Aceves, Ed. D.

Dr. Patricia Aceves joined the Teaching, Learning + Technology department in October 2009 as Director of The Faculty Center.  In her new role, she heads up a team of talented education professionals dedicated to supporting faculty professional development in pedagogy, assessment, technology to improve teaching and learning, and other student-centered, active learning strategies through workshops, conferences, and one-on-one consultations.  She seeks to promote The Faculty Center as a place for faculty to gather, relax, reflect, learn and converse on topics relevant to teaching and learning in academia.

Patricia earned a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing from Northern Arizona University, a Master’s degree in Vocational Education from Montana State University-Northern, and her Doctoral degree in Leadership from Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota in Minneapolis.  Prior to coming to Stony Brook University, she held the position of Director of Distributed Learning at St. Cloud State University for the past 10 years where she was responsible for developing distance learning programs through interactive television, online and off-campus.  She spent several years teaching and training on technology and software applications. 

Outside of work, she enjoys life with her husband, three children, and a house full of animals. She is an avid runner, gardener, and in her spare time, teaches courses for St Cloud State University and NYU.  

Nancy Wozniak, M.A. Education

Nancy Wozniak became Stony Brook University’s first Learning Architect and ePortfolio Program Manager in 2008 and works in The Faculty Center where she consults with faculty on the planning and design of courses and effective course management methods.  The Faculty Center at Stony Brook bridges pedagogy and technology.  Nancy's work includes integrative learning with the design and use of learning objects across  the curriculum.  Her focus has been on authentic learning through the use of eportfolios and she has worked with The Faculty Center team on bringing the eportfolio process to Stony Brook.

She received her Master's degree in Education specializing in Instructional Technology from the University of Akron.  She holds a B.A. in Business Administration from Hiram College, and studied television production and communication at Lorain County Community College.  Her research involves the documentation of self-determined student behaviors developed and displayed as a result of the eportfolio process.

Nancy has worked as an instructional and multimedia designer, educational technologist, and online learning coordinator for more than 15 years, and was dubbed the Wizard of Woz at her previous academic positions.  She has taught online and traditional courses in computer applications, instructional design, multimedia design, communication, and business.  She was the Interim Director of Myers University’s Continuing Education Department and helped launch the program.  Her experience with community and continuing education includes the development of a Web 2.0 series for promoting business and multimedia design for small business and for personal branding. 

Previously, Nancy worked in broadcast news as a graphic artist, and a producer and program manager in public/government access television.  Currently, she produces the Innovations in Education television show hosted by Executive Producer, Graham Glynn, Assistant Provost and Executive Director of Teaching, Learning and Technology.  She also produces and directs The Faculty Center’s Peek Inside the Classroom productions and manages the social networking promotional sites.

Eda Charmaine Gimenez

My name is Eda Charmaine Gimenez and I am currently a sophomore at Stony Brook University double majoring in Engineering Chemistry and Environmental Studies.

As a student, I am interested in both global and environmental issues.  From contemporary issues and their policies to the sciences behind them all, my fascination with the world never ends.  Because of my incessant need to discover and experience new things every day, I have developed an interminable desire to learn. 

Life changes from day to day and, as a result, my experiences do too.  Be it from the people I meet or from the things I read, I feel there is never enough time to learn it all. 

I have fun with almost everything I do and, as a result, I like to experience new adventures.  From drawing and attempting to compose music at home to mountain climbing and hiking outdoors, the things I enjoy vary.  Being young, I like to play sports like tennis, badminton, and riflery. And, although I sound pretty active and like to be productive, trust me, I know how to relax to life's sweet surrender.

Sourav Tamang

My name is Sourav Tamang and I am a junior at Stony Brook University majoring in Electrical Engineering.  I had interest in engineering and science, way before I decided to study engineering. When I was about 10 years old, I used to make flash light by inserting two AA size batteries in a piece of plastic pipe and connect those batteries to a bulb with a copper wire. On my twelveth birthday, one of my uncles bought me a toy car that could change its direction after it hit a wall or surface. I was very curious to know what makes the car run and change its direction. So I opened the toy car and all I found is an electronic motor that maked the car move in different directions. That was not the first time I saw an electronic motor but that was definitely the first time I realised that small change can make a big difference. Most electronic toy car has a motor that has its axle going sideways which gives the wheels only forward motion. But in my toy car same motor had its axle facing downwards that rotated four little wheels which gave the car motion in various directions and ability to change direction after striking on a surface. I learned that better inventions can be done with same machines, its just the way we use it.

It was not only electronics that interested me. I was also facinated by structures and designes of buildings. As a kid, I used to enjoy playing with lego. I used to come up with my own design of houses instead of following the design manual. I also used to design small city and play with it the whole day. When I finally realised that I wanted to become an engineer I could not decide whether I should go for civil or electrical engineering. By the time I was in high school, I also developed an interest in computers and I came to know that electrical engineering field deals with computers a lot so I decided to study electrical engineering.

I will be graduating from Stony Brook University with B.S. of electrical engineering in May 2012. After I achieve my undergraduate degree I would like to gain some work experience and then go to graduate school. After completion of graduate education, I would like to work for an industry where I can implement my knowledge and skills that I have learned from my course works, oncampus involvements and jobs and develop new ideas that will make the living standard of humans even better

Ansue Jacob

I am a Stony Brook University WISE student in the Information Systems major. As a junior this year, I have been finding my way and trying to prepare myself for the world beyond graduation. This semester, I have started taking upper division classes in my major which have only solidified my desire to work in the Information Systems field. I have started to prepare for the GRE and I am looking into graduate schools. As an intern at the Faculty Center this Fall 2010 I hope to learn a lot through my work and time at the Faculty Center.

Besides academics, I love to listen to music as well as spending time with friends and family. The past two years have flown by and I am now trying enjoy the rest of my college years as much as possible. This summer has been all about babysitting my niece, spending time with family and friends as well as learning in class and I hope to continue that during the rest of my two years in stony Brook.

Ahrum Kim

My name is Ahrum Kim.  I am currently studying in MBA program at Stony Brook University. I received my B.A. in Law from Konkuk University in Korea and my second B.A. in Economics from Stony Brook University.

Besides being a student, I am also an Resident Assistant and work under Campus Residences at SBU. As a student leader, I  help campus residents to have wonderful campus life and housing experience.

Also I currently work at The Faculty Center at SBU.  I perform as an ePortfolio consultant,promoting ePortfolios through diverse communication channel, holding workshops to help students and faculty better utilize ePortfolios, giving presentations on my own ePortfolio experiences to  classes to allow more people to find and take advantage of the endless benefits of an ePortfolio.

To live my life to the fullest potential and joy, I don't hesitate to try new things.

I juggle many roles and challenge me to find another me.

I like to travel and interact with new people. My philosophy of life is sharing knowledge, experience and feelings with others.  I learn how to be happy, laugh and love from people I meet.

This e-Portfolio is dedicated to share my works and reflections. Thank you for visiting and I will appreciate your comments.

Paris Lingard

I'm Paris Lingard, a graduate of Stony Brook University. I have a strong interest in marketing which I plan to pursue as a career.

My future plans are to work my way up in the marketing field into a high ranking position as I continue to gain experience. I believe I have the creativity and the drive to be a proficient team member for whoever I work for. As I continue to gain professional experience, I plan on achieving my MBA from a top-ranking school.

In my spare time, I'm usually found playing basketball or football for recreational purposes. For four years, I have participated in both intramural flag football and 5-on-5 basketball.