BME 213 ePortfolios

BME 213: Studies in Nanotechnology: The emerging field of nanotechnology develops solutions to engineering problems by taking advantage of the unique physical and chemical properties of nanoscale materials.  This interdisciplinary, co-taught course introduces materials and nano-fabrication methods with applications to electronics, biomedical, mechanical and environmental engineering.  Guest speakers and a semester project involve ethics, toxicology, economic and business implications of nanotechnology.  Basic concepts in research and design methodology and characterization techniques will be demonstrated.  Course is cross-listed as BME 213, MEC 213, and EST 213 and is required for the Minor in Nanotechnology Studies (NTS).

Michael Santana "My name is Michael Santana and I am now a junior at Stony Brook University majoring in both Applied Mathematics & Statistics and Physics.  I was born in Brooklyn, NY though my family is spread throughout the east coast and South America. I have a dual-citizenship to both the United and Brazil."