ITS 102 ePortfolios

Freshman 102 Seminars offer first- year students the opportunity to work with experienced faculty who are passionate and knowledgeable about the seminar topic. 102 seminars are introductory in the sense that little prior background is expected, yet they are real inquiries into the methods, components, and substance of a particular subject. In addition to developing meaningful bonds with faculty and peers, 102 seminars provide an intellectually exciting way of transitioning to the university. The learning outcomes for the Freshman 102 seminars are:

Improve critical thinking by developing evaluative, problem-solving, and expressive skills.

Enhance group communication skills through discussions, small-group work, presentations or debates.

Develop intellectual curiosity and better understand the role of a student in an academic community.

Kathleen Yan "Being on Pre-med track, I hope to become a psychiatrist or a veterinarian.  I was born in Burma, but raised in Taiwan, and then migrated to United States after I graduated from elementary school.  Because of my background, I enjoy the cultural diversity and working with different kinds of people."

Bradley O'Conner Bradley is an athlete, a video editor and has a growing interest in physics.

Cindy Lowe "I am pursuing a degree in Business Management with specializations in international and sustainable business."

Shannen-Czarina Bala "You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes things fall apart so that better things can fall together." Only viewable within the Stony Brook University Community

Margaret Morgans "Blood Music begins with a man named Edward meeting an old friend for lunch." Only viewable within the Stony Brook University Community

Samantha Wong "I love to listen to music and to sing, although I am quite quiet."

David Tram "Don't Be Afraid of Expressing Yourself." Only viewable within the Stony Brook University Community

Yuan Wang "Majoring in Electrical Engineering at Stony Brook University, I love the art of making cars"

Danielle Wahl "I have the mind of an engineer, but the heart of an artist."

Konstantin Pushnikov "My name is Konstantin and I will take over the world."

Edwin Cruz "Keep your worries small and your dreams big." Only viewable within the Stony Brook University Community

Jane Thomas "I want to find the perfect balance between a successful career and the fulfillment of my dreams, meanwhile changing the lives of people all around me."

Pamela Stevens "I am a lover of the arts, a soccer player, a student, a daughter, a track runner, a flutist, and much much more."

Hazel Nasta "I grew up in the sweetest place on Earth, Hershey, Pennsylvania." Only viewable within the Stony Brook University Community

Raymond Xue "The Key To Success Is Working Hard."