Leadership and Service ePortfolios

LDS 101: Introduction to Stony Brook

A seminar intended to integrate students into the Undergraduate College of Leadership and Service and into the University community by providing information about Stony Brook and a forum for discussion of values, intellectual and social development, and personal as well as institutional expectations. Required for all first year students.

Lauren Jane Ralbovsky "The Earth amazes me and I truly think, that if we saw everything that confused us with fascination rather than disdain, we'd be one step closer to a perfect world."

Michelle Nevins "I am an outdoor enthusiast, love adventure, and hope to make a change by studying environmental studies."  Only viewable within the Stony Brook University Community

Jencel Aprille Abuan "I am a minimalist that desires the maximum of my existence."

Shonna Brooks "I am a person dedicated to helping improve the lives of those around me."

Israa Fathi “I was born in Egypt in 1996 and I lived there for approximately 9 years, I moved to Qatar in 2005 and then I came to the USA for my undergraduate studies and a pre-med track in 2013.”

Wenchi 'Wes' Wu “If I find something interesting, it'll be on my mind until I figure out why it's so intriguing.”

Hassan Sheikh  “I was born in Pakistan and spent the first ten years of my life there. After that, I moved to the UAE (Dubai is in UAE) and spent about 8 years there. And now I'm a student at Stony Brook University, NY, USA!”

Jessica McCarrick "When you see me I will always have a smile on my face"

Toni Ann Petovello "I'm from Queens, New York. I don't really know what I want from life. I want to see the world. I want to help people. I want to know I made some sort of difference."

San Htet "I joined the International Student Organization at Stony Brook University to seize the opportunity to learn about different cultures from students who come from around the globe, even though I was practically raised in America." Only viewable within the Stony Brook Community

Cynara Matos "It is important that when one approaches a professional that they most importantly act like themselves."

Brittany Cestare "I have always loved helping people and offering any sort of advice I can give, so I believe that becoming a psychologist is perfect for me."

Nida Kuruvilla "Even though I have finished the [LDS] class, I am sure I will use the information I used in that to further my studies in the future." Only viewable within the Stony Brook Community

Rafat Miah "We all had a strong belief that the best individuals are the ones that work hard to attain what they have." Only viewable within the Stony Brook Community

Faisal Alalaiwat "Upon completing my education and gaining some much needed experience here in the states, I hope to return to Bahrain and kickstart an industrial revolution of sorts and increase my country's economic independence." Only viewable within the Stony Brook Community

Patrick Bernabela "I come from a little island called Curacao. Curacao is in the Caribbean, so it's a beautiful place, filled with different cultures and traditions. I am a freshman, and I am majoring in Biology." Only viewable within the Stony Brook Community

Wenchi Wu is passionate and determined to find out why he's interested by things and is constantly coming up with ideas and prototypes.

Dongkyun Lim "Desire is the starting point of all achievement, not a hope, not a wish, but a keen pulsating desire which transcends everything." Only viewable within the Stony Brook Community

Manowara Matubber Manowara's eportfolio is a collection of her writing, leadership events, and her photography. 

Christopher Anderson "I work very hard to improve my life and the lives of those around me."