Physical Therapy

The following students are working towards their Post-Professional Doctorate in Physical Therapy Program. Dr. Kyle Hewson is the director of this program.

Kathleen Talbot "In addition to the fact that physical therapy is an active career where the therapist gets to help others regain their physical abilities, one thing that I really liked about it was how it creates an environment where the therapist can develop relationships with patients over the course of their treatment."

Benet Busketta "Before I went to Manhattan College to pursue a BS degree in Exercise Science, I went to Marywood University in Scranton, Pennsylvania where I majored in nutrition. Although I eventually decided that Physical Therapy was the right career for me, I still maintain my interest in nutrition."

Joy Marie Sutera "I am Joy, currently a student in the Doctor of Physical Therapy program at Stony Brook University, Class of 2015, and a yoga teacher at the Mindful Turtle Yoga & Wellness Center in Stony Brook, NY." Only viewable within the Stony Brook Community.

Jenny April Kaplan "I am a lover of flying, movement and healing practices.  I aspire to blend the physical therapy context with techniques of mind, body and breath awareness." Only viewable within the Stony Brook Community.

Katie Schnaars "I originally became interested in the profession of Physical Therapy when I was younger and active in sports. As I grew up, my interest expanded as I learned more about the profession. My main inspiration to becoming a physical therapist is that I want to help people on a daily basis to improve their quality of life and keep them active." Only viewable within the Stony Brook Community.

Nate Reynolds "Growing up, I was taught that there would be two constants in my life, God and family. I was fortunate enough that my mom was one of seven and my dad was one of four, because I grew up surrounded by a huge extended family. I was blessed to live with my grandmother for eight years and she always reiterated the fact that I should always 'Keep the Faith.' I used to think that it just meant that I had to go to church every Sunday but my experiences have shown me that it means much more. In the darkest moments of my life, there has always been a light. I contribute that largely to my faith, it has guided me through the worst situations of my life. I would not be who I am without my family or faith." Only viewable within the Stony Brook Community.

Lauren Whitney "I am an avid volunteer for many organizations.  I have helped out with Habitat for Humanity in New York, Tennessee, Georgia, and California.  I have also helped out with the Boys and Girls Club in California and Georgia.  I have put on many food drives and have helped at rescue missions." Only viewable within the Stony Brook Community.

Jason Krupka "Through the first year of working, I had the opportunity to watch rehabilitation of athletes, people of all ages, and family members. It was there that I fell in love with Physical Therapy." Only viewable within the Stony Brook Community.