Teaching ePortfolios

Maria Cipriani "I teach in the humanities: Composition and American and Classical Literature as well as Adult Basic English and College Preparatory remedial writing."

Susan Dubois "I communicate and collaborate with my colleagues, continually search for ways to improve and put my heart and soul into everything I do"

Cynthia Davidson "If I have a mission in life, it would seem to be this: to help ease people's transitions into new ways of doing and knowing things.  It's taken me a long time to figure that out, but there it is."

Christine Fena has embraced ePortfolio by offering a common place for her students to stay up to date on all the work required and expected from them in the classroom in her WRT 102 teaching ePortfolio. Check out her color scheme and organization for ideas! Only viewable within the Stony Brook Community

Suzelle Richardson "My purpose and passion for teaching is to provide growth by shaping, molding, and guiding learners into a direction of positive effects as the example provided above.  These are important factors that connect me to the basics beliefs about learning." Only viewable within the Stony Brook Community

Javier Monzón "I teach by asking questions; I rarely lecture.  In higher education, the role of the teacher is to empower students to evaluate others’ ideas and synthesize their own; yet there is overwhelming evidence that lecturing is a relatively ineffective pedagogical tool for promoting these forms of higher-order learning (Knight and Wood 2005)."

Soraya Brooks " As an experienced ARTS EDUCATOR, I am able to offer students valuable technical knowledge and inspiration to seamlessly bridge the worlds of studio and computer art mediums.  As a WORKING ARTIST and graduate of Parsons School of Design I have had many years of experience as a painter, printmaker and sculptor in the Fine Arts world. As a GRAPHIC DESIGNER I have worked for many years in magazine publishing for both print and online."