WRT 102 ePortfolios

WRT 102 ​- A & 2: Intermediate Writing Workshop A: Writing for academic purposes is emphasized. Students learn strategies for extended writing assignments at the university. At least three major essays, multiple drafts, and short papers are required. 

Brandon Loo "My name is Brandon Loo and I am from Queens, New York. I am majoring in Civil Engineering at Stony Brook University." Instructor: Sarah Azzara WRT 102.65.

Ammarah Zaidi "I’m majoring in Engineering Science specialized in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering with a minor in Comparitive Literature." Kevin Clouther, Instructor.

Christine Lew "I am seeking a Bachelor of Science degree in Health Science, hoping to pursue a Doctorate degree of physical therapy in graduate school. This field has captured my attention because helping others has always appealed to me."

Ran Ren "I love painting, reading novels and comics, and I am crazy about spicy food." Wilbur Farley, Instructor.

Jimmy Ji "I was born in Shanghai, China in 1995. I moved to the United States of America when I was wee little lad at the age of 4. I speak English, Mandarin Chinese and a bit of Shanghainese. Since I moved to the United States, I had visited Shanghai numerous times and enjoyed each trip."

Qian Yang (Selina) "My name is Qian Yang, you can also call me Selina. I had immigrated with my family from China when I was 14 years old. During the past four years I had learned to adapt to the American life and culture, which helped me gained an open and diverse perspective when looking at my own life and the world surround me." Patrick Hanrahan, Instructor.

Hilda Wong "I am currently a junior at Stony Brook University, majoring in Business Management with a specialization in Marketing, and minoring in Information Systems. I'm a mix of Cantonese and Fujianese. Although I have a barrier in reading and writing Chinese, that doesn't stop me from adoring cultural shows, and cultural cuisine."

Sherry Bermeo Sherry is a biochemistry major who is very fond of writing and literature and plans to go to graduate school and earn a PhD in the sciences.

Shaneell Burton Shaneell's ePortfolio uses a lot of fun and informative graphics to showcase herself and writing in general. She includes in her portfolio the writing rules, reasons for people to write, and fun images supporting her about me page that you won't forget.

Andrea Charidemou "My name is Andrea Charidemou, and I am currently a first year Psychology and Sociology double major in the UGC of Leadership and Service at Stony Brook University. I hope to someday incorporate my passion for autism awareness and education reform to spark a change in special needs programs around the country in light of finding the cure for autism."

Mark Faerchuck "I've been playing the Alto Sax ever since seventh grade. Combining my musical passion and college, I joined the Spirit of Stony Brook Marching Band. Playing the Alma Mater for the Football team, the Basketball teams, and the Girls Softball team, and all other teams has really allowed me to feel what it is to be a SEAWOLF!" Kathryn Klein, Instructor.

Pamela Hernandez Pamela is majoring in Business Management with a specializing in Marketing. She is in the Business Leaders Program and dreams of one day managing her own company.

Russell Huang Russel is a sophomore currently attending Stony Brook University. He is a Health Science major who hopes to become a physical therapist. Only viewable within the Stony Brook University Community

Gabrielle Khalife Gabrielle is a proud New Yorker and made her ePortfolio to represent that. "New York City is the place where dreams come true. Stony Brook is my New York City considering that when I walk into class every day, I am taking a step closer to pursuing my dream of becoming a pediatrician."

Eleftheria Konstantatos- "My first name, in Greek, means freedom. I like to think that I wear it well with who I am as a person." "I believe being actively involved within your community is important in more ways than someone might originally think. It builds character and widens your perspective on life."

Winnie Ye Winnie is a political science and history major from Brooklyn NY. She loves politics, reading, traveling, and is planning to pursue a career in law or public policy.

Gurkamal Kaur "Writing efficiently and elegantly is something that does not come very easily to me, thus I faced many challenges. While each individual paper focused on a specific set of skills, the combination of all the writing done this semester has drastically improved my ability to write effectively and efficiently."

Leah Yurko "My name is Leah Yurko and I am from Cumberland, MD. As of 2013-2014, I am a freshman at Stony Brook University majoring Health Sciences. Throughout my years at Stony Brook I plan on working towards becoming a nutritionist." Only viewable within the Stony Brook University Community

Aruna Visweswara "From a country oceans away, India, I came to Stony Brook to explore every possible opportunity that come my way. I am a person with enthusiasm and energy to meet people, build new networks, dream and plan out my life and opportunities. Currently I am junior, majoring in Computer Science." Only viewable within the Stony Brook University Community

Syndey Chung  "WRT 102 has taken me on an emotional roller-coaster. I often found myself stressing, pacing, and wanting to rip my hair out when I could not translate my thoughts into words. At other times, I found myself relieved and immensely satisfied when I finally hit the 'Print' button before closing the document."

Christine Yang "I have always been interested in medicine. When I was still in elementary school, my father used to take me to his lab to observe his experiments." Only viewable within the Stony Brook University Community

Dongkyun Lim - "Desire is the starting point of all achievement, not a hope, not a wish, but a keen pulsating desire which transcends everything." Only viewable within the Stony Brook University Community

Nancy Rojas "I developed a unique style of writing I hope you don't fail to see in my writing pieces presented here. WRT 102 has helped me discover a part of myself that I never saw before. For this reason I now love to write to de-stress and express myself." Only viewable within the Stony Brook University Community

Jeanette Wong "I plan on pursuing a career in respiratory therapy, medicine, public health and health care management."

David Tram "My logo is an icon I created for my online avatars/profiles. In the online world I am known as DTGamer2010, a video gamer and Youtuber." Only viewable within the Stony Brook University Community

Brian Maxner  "I love natural phenomenon and wish to pursue a career in meteorology." Only viewable within the Stony Brook University Community

Branden Tabbitas   "Music is not what I do, its who I am." Only viewable within the Stony Brook University Community

Skye Wiegman "I have a love of languages. For many years I have studied Spanish, French, American Sign Language (ASL), and Russian." Only viewable within the Stony Brook University Community

Alexandria Gregory "The people I met are who influence me, so I try to surround myself with good people who I admire."

Kevin Zeng "I am currently majoring in Technological Systems Management with a specialization and minor in Electrical Engineering. I have a great passion for technology."

Sarah Slotnick  "I am a history major with a love for reading, writing, and exploring new ideas and concepts. I strive to find the beauty in all aspects of life, and I love inspiring others to do the same." Only viewable within the Stony Brook University Community

Jean Adomfeh "I had a lot of fun in high school organizing events and fashions shows as my school's international club president and making great strides in my academics, but I am now ready to move forward with my life as a college student and make my university career a worthwhile experience." 

Rowan Quirk "I spent the majority of my childhood and adolescence bouncing from one character to the next, experiencing life through the amazing tales that I read."

Joanna Donaldson "I strive to become a registered nurse, helping and caring in any way I can for a patient. When someone needs a friendly face and a hand to hold, I am someone they can rely on for support." Only viewable within the Stony Brook University Community

Michael Marinelli "I enjoy the outdoors and especially love skiing. I hope to one day find a career in the field of Quantitative Analysis."  

Habin Choi "The ability to illustrate and paint imageries until they became real and caused even me, the author, to relieve the moment once more was truly wondrous." Only viewable within the Stony Brook University Community

Bridget Foley  "My favorite part of waking up every day is having my opinions challenged and perspective broadened, for even through the grind of day-to-day life, there will always be new people to be met and new things to be learned." Only viewable within the Stony Brook University Community

Ji Young Park Has an excellent and descriptive writing ability. Only viewable within the Stony Brook University Community

Taylor Borrmann "I will continue to use these skills and I will apply my knowledge that I have learned from this class to other classes that require writing pieces in the future." Only viewable within the Stony Brook University Community

Ricardo Mendoza "Stony Brook has treated me extremely well in my transition and I've also found a newfound path towards a brighter future in Environmental research." Only viewable within the Stony Brook University Community

Jaimy George "I am Biology major with a Studio Art minor, and a possible double minor in either Digital Arts (aka DIA) or History." Only viewable within the Stony Brook University Community

Kaleigh Engert "In the words of Walt Disney, 'We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious, and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.'" Only viewable within the Stony Brook University Community

Naomi Liang "I may not be an expert, but through practice, one of these days, the art of essay writing may even be within my reach." Only viewable within the Stony Brook University Community

Jiamin Zou "I’ve discovered is that writing is a platform for us to express ourselves as we all have different style in writing." Only viewable within the Stony Brook University Community

Christopher Anderson "I work very hard to improve my life and the lives of those around me."

Arnimal Kaul "I have a passion for aircrafts. I will be pursuing this passion in graduate school as well." Matthew Miranda, Instructor.