Writing 614

WRT 614: Topics in Composition and Writing

This course will consist of directed readings in particular areas of interest in rhetoric, the history of rhetoric and pedagogy, and teaching strategies for teachers.

Michael Guerriero "Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog. As you can see, I have decided to make this web page as minimalistic as possible. That is because I like my technological interfaces the way I like everything else: organized and simple. I cannot stand the absolute clutter that facebook has become, but find forums like reddit a joy to peruse." 

Scott Zukowski "I'm a second year Ph.D. student in the English Department. My field is Early American Literature, and I'm working toward a certificate in Composition and Rhetoric. When I'm not in class, I enjoy hiking, kayaking, photography, food, and woodworking." Only viewable within the Stony Brook Community

Libby Newhouse "My interests include English and Continental Renaissance literature, Victorian literature, rhetoric, and feminist and gender studies. Regarding this course specifically, I’m interested in learning about new ways of incorporating technology into the humanities, exploring digital spaces as rhetorical spaces, and developing my familiarity with and understanding of digital spaces and media." Only viewable within the Stony Brook Community

Deborah Heckert "I am a musicologist, with a PhD from the music department at Stony Brook. This year I am back in the music department teaching as a visiting professor. I have also taught at the University of Virginia, Utah State, and most recently, at Brooklyn College." Only viewable within the Stony Brook Community

Anne Summers "I'm currently a second-year Ph.D student in the English Department at Stony Brook. My interests include Victorian Literature, gender and sexuality, visual and material culture and pedagogy." Only viewable within the Stony Brook Community

Nicole Savage "My name is Nicole Savage, and I am a first-year Ph.D student in English.  I got my B.A. in English and Spanish from Wittenberg University in 2010, and my M.A. in English and Comparative Literature from the University of Cincinnati just this spring (2013).  My academic interests lie in the 19th century, and although I've done most of my work up to this point with British literature, I would like to broaden my horizons to a more transatlantic scope." Only viewable within the Stony Brook Community