Writing and Rhetoric

Top Blogfolio, WRT 303, Shyam Sharma

Exceptional integration of professional experiences and effective use of visual elements 

Sean Cavanagh"I am currently finishing up a Bachelors of Science degree in Psychology, with a concentration in Biology and Chemistry."
Sonali Bahl"In studying both the biological sciences and modes of communication, I look to develop into a professional with the ability to not only understand theoretical information, but also to practically apply the theory and convey the results with my peers."
Sayid Yasin"My generation belongs to the technology age. It is due to this that I have chosen Health Care Informatics as my concentration for my major. The healthcare industry is becoming increasingly computerized with online medical records and prescriptions, and different patient record systems. I hope to be a major contributor toward technology in our future healthcare industry."

Writing for News Media ePortfolio AwardWRT 302, Cynthia Davidson

In recognition of outstanding achievement in writing style, presentation, digital story and reflection 

Linda Milano

"Regardless of what your "dance" may be, approach it with a passion. By doing so, you can be sure that "your feet will follow" and everything else will fall into place."  

Brandon Guan

"Writing has been a creative outlet and refreshing break from the numbing programming I must do as a Computer Science major." 

Christy Lau

“You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage. Just literally twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it.” - Benjamin Mee Only viewable within the Stony Brook University Community

Amanda Martocello

"I love to read, write, take photographs, watch movies, and anything related to social media." Only viewable within the Stony Brook University Community

Exceptional Writing ePortfolio Award, WRT 102, Cathleen Rowley

In recognition of outstanding achievement in writing style and presentation 

David Tram"My logo is an icon I created for my online avatars/profiles. In the online world I am known as DTGamer2010, a video gamer and Youtuber." Only viewable within the Stony Brook University Community
Brian Maxner"I love natural phenomenon and wish to pursue a career in meteorology." Only viewable within the Stony Brook University Community
Branden Tabbitas"Music is not what I do, it’s who I am." Only viewable within the Stony Brook University Community
Skye Wiegman"I have a love of languages. For many years I have studied Spanish, French, American Sign Language (ASL), and Russian." Only viewable within the Stony Brook University Community
Alexandria Gregory"The people I met are who influence me, so I try to surround myself with good people who I admire."
Kevin Zeng"I am currently majoring in Technological Systems Management with a specialization and minor in Electrical Engineering. I have a great passion for technology."
Sarah Slotnick"I am a history major with a love for reading, writing, and exploring new ideas and concepts. I strive to find the beauty in all aspects of life, and I love inspiring others to do the same." Only viewable within the Stony Brook University Community

Exceptional Writing ePortfolio Award, WRT 102, Sarah Azzara

Jean Adomfeh"I had a lot of fun in high school organizing events and fashions shows as my school's international club president and making great strides in my academics, but I am now ready to move forward with my life as a college student and make my university career a worthwhile experience." 
Rowan Quirk"I spent the majority of my childhood and adolescence bouncing from one character to the next, experiencing life through the amazing tales that I read."

Exceptional Writing ePortfolio Award, WRT 102, Rashmi Rai

Joanna Donaldson"I strive to become a registered nurse, helping and caring in any way I can for a patient. When someone needs a friendly face and a hand to hold, I am someone they can rely on for support." Only viewable within the Stony Brook University Community
Michael Marinelli"I enjoy the outdoors and especially love skiing. I hope to one day find a career in the field of Quantitative Analysis."    

Exceptional Writing ePortfolio Award, WRT 102, Carolyn Sofia

Habin Choi"The ability to illustrate and paint imageries until they became real and caused even me, the author, to relieve the moment once more was truly wondrous."
Bridget Foley"My favorite part of waking up every day is having my opinions challenged and perspective broadened, for even through the grind of day-to-day life, there will always be new people to be met and new things to be learned."
Ji Young ParkJi Young has an excellent and descriptive essays.
Taylor Borrmann"I will continue to use these skills and I will apply my knowledge that I have learned from this class to other classes that require writing pieces in the future." Only viewable within the Stony Brook University Community
Ricardo Mendoza"Stony Brook has treated me extremely well in my transition and I've also found a newfound path towards a brighter future in Environmental research." Only viewable within the Stony Brook University Community
Jaimy George"I am Biology major with a Studio Art minor, and a possible double minor in either Digital Arts (aka DIA) or History." Only viewable within the Stony Brook University Community
Kaleigh Engert"In the words of Walt Disney, 'We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious, and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.' " Only viewable within the Stony Brook University Community
Naomi Liang"I may not be an expert, but through practice, one of these days, the art of essay writing may even be within my reach." Only viewable within the Stony Brook University Community
Jiamin Zou"I’ve discovered is that writing is a platform for us to express ourselves as we all have different style in writing." Only viewable within the Stony Brook University Community