View: Erick Gordy

Showcase ePortfolio

I am a full time student at Stony Brook University in Stony Brook New York where I study English with an emphasis in British Literature, but I'm much more than the sum of my college studies. I like to think of myself as a student of the world; I never stop learning. I seek out knowledge where I can find it in books, mentors, and any reliable resource available. I am a world traveler, and a former exchange student, who has been lucky enough to make friends on four continents, and to experience the cultures of seven different countries outside of my own. In turn, I hope to spread my acquired experiences and knowledge, as well as my love of knowledge, to others. I am an aspiring librarian and literacy advocate who hopes to one day develop reading and community programs geared specifically towards encouraging young adult readers to embrace literature. I am an amateur writer with dreams of publishing both fictional works and creative non-fiction which appeals to multiple age groups. Finally, I am an entertainer. My love of improv and stagecraft led me to the world of performance art, and it has been an excellent vehicle and outlet for my other love, which is storytelling.