View: Teresa L. Noto

ePortfolio Showcase

Born and raised in New York, I have been an automotive enthusiast since I was a child .  In my teens I learned general maintenance and light automotive repair skills and in high school attended the 2-year Board of Cooperative Education Services (BOCES) Automotive Mechanic program earning a 900-hour New York State Automotive Mechanic certification.

I received a college scholarship from the Long Island Gasoline Retailers Association (LIGRA) and Studying at SUNY Farmingdale 1987            attended the State University of New York (SUNY) at Farmingdale

majoring in Automotive Engineering Technology.

My professional career began immediately after college when I joined the Mercedes Benz family.  I spent the next twenty-two years in the automotive dealership industry in the parts, service, and sales departments.  The majority of my dealership experience was in holding the position of the Service Manager.  My strengths were in communication, productivity and customer satisfaction, presently I am employed part-time at the Mercedes Benz dealership, Helms Bros. in the Sales department.

In 2008, I began teaching in the Automotive Department at Farmingdale State College while I completed my Masters Degree in Educational Technology from Stony Brook University.  I greatly enjoy teaching automotive students core concepts while sharing relevant life experiences.  My goals are to prepare my students for successful careers in the automotive industry.