View ePortfolio: Mo Lam

My name is Mo Lam. I am a first year math major in both Math and Applied Math departments at Stony Brook University. I am in the University Scholar Program and in Sigma Beta Honor Society. I am considering whether I should minor in Information System or Computer Science.

Beside school work, I am currently a student coach in the New York City Math Team, former captain (2010') of the NYC math team: Steven Colbert team (aka A team), and NYC Queens team (2009',2010') for New York State Math League, and 2 times USA Math Olympiad qualifier.

The other 2 things that I really like other then math are web design (especially online database design) and archery.

People often ask me for real life application of the math research I do, and most of them fail to realize that I am just doing it for the sake of it. My goal is not to find real life application, but to do it because it is cool. I do not care if there are any real life applications with math. I will leave that to the applied math people.

I really like archery. I have my own set of brand new equipment. I have posted some pictures of my equipment. In Fall 2011, I will be officially an e-board member (secretary) of Stony Brook's very own archery club.