Online Manual for Making a Digital Story with Prezi
1. Collect your media.
The first and foremost thing to do while making a Digital Story is to collect all your content in a separate folder on your computer.
2. Go to www.prezi.com
Go to the Prezi website and setup an account with them.
Here is a step-by-step process of how to sign up for a student account with Prezi
a) Go to www.prezi.com and click on ‘Sign up’ on the top right corner.
b) On the next page click on the tab that says ‘Students and Teachers’
c) After you select that, click on ‘Start Now’ for a free account or ‘Try Now’ to try Prezi’s premium account free for the first 30 days and then $4.92/month.
d) Put down your official Stony Brook email address in the next box (email@example.com) and then enter the University’s details.
e) Now check your University email and click on the link sent by Prezi. You’ll be directed to the following screen where you’ll be asked to enter your Name and Password for your Prezi account.
f) Your Prezi account is now setup and you should be welcomed to their homepage, which should look somewhat like this. Now, just click on the button that says ‘New Prezi’ and enter the details about your presentation.
4. After that, you’ll be asked to choose from a selection of templates. You could start from scratch and choose the blank template option or you could select from a variety of Prezi’s preset 2D and 3D templates.
5.After selecting the template you’ll get to Prezi’s home screen.
6. Prezi tries to help you out figuring the software by suggestions like ‘Double-click to add text’ and then offering you a variety of text edit options. As suggested, to write something, just double click on any given space and you’ll get a text box with basic text editing functions. You could select from a variety of fonts and colors depending on the fact that whether what you’re entering is the body or a heading.
8. To add images to your Prezi, just click on ‘Insert’ and then ‘Images’ and then select a file from your computer or the web.
9. To make your presentation look more creative, you could choose to add a drawing like a pyramid or a table in your Prezi. To do that, just click on insert, then drawing.
10. You have an option to pick a color for your font and its surroundings by setting different theme styles.
11. To scale, rotate or move your content, simply click on it once and you’ll get a hand button highlighting the object selected, click and drag one of the edges to scale it or click on the + or – sign to increase or decrease the size of your text/image/box. You can also rotate it by the handle on any one of its edges.
12. One of the most important things in Prezi is the path. You could chose that your presentation goes from which box to which by just clicking on ‘Path’ and then adjusting the points and lines according to your choosing. In case you’re looking for a simpler way to do that, just adjust the boxes on the left of your screen. Drag and drop them in the order you want them to appear in your presentation.
For any additional information, you can always click on the help button on the top of your screen and select the various sub-categories.