I do not want to be a robot nor am I programmed as one. In high school I was one of the "involved" students. In all honesty, I felt empty when I was not doing something. Yes, a formal education is essential but what is even more important in applying those principles and ethics to our own interests. We need to fuel ourselves not with equations and essays but with laughter, music, and art.

Now I am not one to be proud of my art work or musical talents simply because I have none. I do, however, know how to laugh and how to share it. I was never one to give my full effort in school because I got carried away doing other things: volunteering, baking, taking photos, and spending time with family. There are no regrets in dividing my attention, except for that one C in math (trigonometric function were the death of me, but I've got them down now), because I learned so much and care for more things than just a grade. 

The man that hath no music in himself, Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems and spoils.  -William Shakespeare (1564-1616)

Source: Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia