Hello, my name is Andrew Clay.  I am currently a Sophmore at Stony Brook University studying Ecosystems and Human Impact.  I am from Long Island, New York, and I love sports, music, writing and the environment.  

My love for nature comes from my parents taking the family to vacation every summer upstate, where we sit, relax and stay outside in the mountains alongside the lake.  Ever since I could remember, we were always there.  Once, we also visited the Grand Caynon.  In its magnificance, I was captivated and loved the beauty of it.

In high school, I met someone whom I consider my mentor.  He taught me that despite nature's beauty, it is still not protected enough.  He inspired me to make a difference, and inspired me to look into Environmental Science and other fields as possible careers.

I also love to play music and write.  I play guitar and bass, and mostly play the genres of Metal, Rock and Roll, Alternative and Psychedlic Rock.  I was an athlete in high school, also, with a love for running, wrestling and baseball.  All three of these sports taught me to work very hard at everything I do.

In Spring 2014, I was inducted into Sigma Beta Honor Society as a provisional member.   I plan on attending and volunteering at events incorporating the society.

That's me!

Contact:

andrew.clay@stonybrook.edu

SIGMA BETA HONOR SOCIETY:

In my freshman year, I was selected to apply for the Sigma Beta Honor Society.  With the honor, of course I decided to apply and accepted into the Honor Society.  I was happy to become a member, and I look forward to the many opportunities to offer community service and other services to people.

Once again, I am happy to become a part of this organization.