Hello and Welcome!

My name is Andrew Sullivan. I am currently a Masters student at Stony Brook University in Materials Science & Engineering studying deformation behavior in metallic glass-nanocrystalline nanolaminates. As an undergraduate, also at Stony Brook, I studied Engineering Science and Applied Mathematics and Statistics, with a concentration in biotechnology, and was also a member of the Honors College. I am interested in the interface between engineering systems and neurobiology, as I find the brain to be one of the most fascinating systems in existence, and the ability to interface with, understand, and modulate neural function to ameliorate neurological and psychiatric disorders is arguably the most complicated engineering challenge facing healthcare. 

I am an alumnus of Plainedge High School in North Massapequa, New York. Having always had a competence for science and math in school, I knew my future would involve those fields. Upon joining my high school's robotics team, I decided engineering would be my major in college. During my free time, I enjoy playing video games, reading, and spending time with friends.

In the future, I hope to continue my graduate studies in a field that allows me to work in all my areas of experience, from materials science to neurobiology and applied mathematics.