Progress Report, Week 13: May 2nd
This week, we completed our final presentation and finished up major testing iterations with their corresponding modifications mentioned in the previous progress report. Despite all our iterations, we are very displeased to report that all of these iterations were unsuccessful and no visible movement was detected.
Some issues that we encountered include the super glue causing additional chemical reactions that appear to be degrading the various plastics that we used in our device. This altered the appearance to be a white and cloudy degraded surface. Additionally, as we were worried about the fragility of the combined nail polish reflective transducer and elastic membrane, we reinforced it with multiple layers. Application of the generic super glue caused these layers to separate. Due to the rush of testing, we had not researched the effect of the glue, which ironically hindered our testing results.