Progress Report, Week 10: November 15th
This week we decided to order parts for the fiber optic design. The parts are cheap enough where if we need to make major changes we most certainly will be able to, and our reason for this decision is because of the limited amount of testing that is feasible without fiber optics.
We have also made progress with the Arduino project, putting the circuit together and linking the code on the processor with LabVIEW. We plan to take force data from an acceptable statistical sample then analyze the data.
Our group is still a bit divided on which design to choose, despite the QFD and general pros and cons. Therefore, we still have two subgroups, one working on the fiber optics and one developing the particle indicator.