Life has different paths for everyone and so far along my path I have been honored to know so many wonderful people. It has taken a long time to get where I am in life and so many people have shaped me into the man who I am today. If I have learned anything through my experiences its that to surround yourself with people you can hold to your standard, and who hold you as theirs. It is the people around you who pick you up when you are down, who help you when you are in need and call you when they need a person to help that everyone builds their characteristics around and from. I'm lucky to have some incredible people in my life and I think without some of them, I wouldn't be alive today.

Some of the people in my life I have led through my six leading positions in Boy Scouts which led to me becoming Eagle and during those years in scouts I have learned so many things. From survival techniques to how to deal with people, scouts has been one of the biggest parts of my life. I have found that a leader is not born, but made, through years of hard work and dedication. It takes one second to step up, stand up, or open your mouth that could lead to many good things not for you but for everyone around you. Other then in scouts I have led groups in school, at work, in my personal life, and have strived to make the way I live an example for others. I have learned so much that in this passage I could not even break the surface of my knowledge, but there are also so many things that I have yet to realize I've learned which in the right situation will present themselves. To conclude this thought I would just like to say that Leadership is in all of us but at different levels and that just because you may not think of yourself as a leader, there may be someone you know who does.

Later on in my leadership schooling I hope to finish my paper on George Washington who was the United States of Americas first president. I believe that he is one of the founding fathers that without him I could not live my life the way I do today. He led armies and signed documents that gave this country something to stand on and thats why I think George Washington was one of the great leaders in our history.

Over the last few months of class I think I have shed light on my leadership experiences. I have learned that many of the things I do, I do because I was taught  them through either an experience or from someone in my life. The true colors concept and exercise gave me more understanding about who I am as a person. Between that and the learning about the many leadership styes I have become to realize that I am a extrovert, an orange, green and gold, and that I see ever event through a situational leaders way of thinking. 

With this new information I have about myself, I plan on using my leadeship skills throughout my life whether it is at work, at school, or in my community and home to benefit not just myself but those around me. This Eportfolio is a good example of many of my thoughts on and about leadership which I could use to teach others and let them hone in on their leadership skills but most of all it is a reflection on who I am as a leader and who I will become as a leader. To lead others, one must lead himself through first and understand why, where, when, who, and how he got there to show others the right way to go. We may never be sure if we are leading or following so always give 110% because thats what you should expect from your leaders and want from your followers.