Experience

‣ Research Assistant for CAM Search and Consulting: 12 Hours/Week - (June 2014 - Present)

Working for CAM Search and Consulting, I was able to gain first hand experience with recruiting. I was responsible for reviewing resumes to find qualified applicants for job vacancies. I also aided in consolidating the resume databases in order to increase efficiency.

‣ Sales Representative for AroundCampus: 40 Hours/Week - (May 2014 - July 2014)

Working for the AroundCampus Group, a third party affiliate of Stony Brook University, I was able to gain cold call sales experience. Each day I would strategically plan how to approach businesses throughout the community regarding their marketing mix, and different options they had to capitalize on the millions of dollars Stony Brook University students, faculty, and staff spend each year. Teamwork played an instrumental role in our sales team's success, as myself and one other sales representative would meet each morning and afternoon to discuss strategies and objectives. 

Listed below are a few of the key experiences and achievements from the internship.

‣ Attended an intensive week long Sales Foundation Academy on the campus of the University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill so that I could gain the skills necessary to effectively and confidently approach businesses in the Stony Brook community

‣ Worked with local business owners by discussing different advertising options to help them target their marketing efforts and provide them with a well-rounded strategy aimed at over 20,000 Stony Brook University students, faculty, and staff

‣ Reached out to potential customers via cold call selling by making an average of 35+ sales calls per day in a B2B setting

Intern at Suffolk Realty Group: 15 Hours/Week - (January 2013 - September 2013)

Working at Suffolk Realty Group as a real estate assistant, I was able to gain knowledge of the real estate industry and experience in customer service and lease agreements. Under the direction of licenced real estate agent Shahroz Ahmed, I aided in capitalizing on the off campus housing market in the SBU area. I was responsible for finding and making contracts with landlords via cold calls so that we had exclusive right to rent their properties, as well as managed our online presence and marketing strategy to attract landlords. I was also responsible for scheduling showings around Mr. Ahmeds schedule and went on said showings to help sell the properties to prospective renters. I was present during lease signings and had a hand, along with the landlords, in putting together the lease agreements.

‣ Maintained a marketing campaign for a real estate agent using various marketing tactics and strategies. 

‣ Dealt with landlords in a B2B setting, handling everything from showing schedules to lease agreements.

‣ Handled the customer service of students by selling them the idea of moving off campus and making it an easy process for them 

Private Tutor: 2-8 Hours/Week - (2010 - Present)

Working as a private tutor, I was able to sharpen my skills as well as strengthen my communication skills. Along with a friend in high school, we were paid by parents to tutor their children. We gained customers through grass root campaign methods such as handouts and fliers at PTA meetings and community club houses as well as an online presence. I also continued tutoring after moving to college, eventually consolidating with other tutors.

‣ Managed a client base of up to 7 students at one time

‣ Recognized how flooded the college market was and consolidated with other tutors

‣ Created and maintained a marketing strategy using various platforms.

‣ Intern at Genzyme Genetics: 10 Hours/Week - (Summers of 2009 - 2011)

Working at Genzyme Genetics, I was able to gain first hand experience in a laboratory. I was responsible for gathering, cleaning, and filing microscope slides. To exam slides, I was given technical experience on how to operate the scope as well as the knowledge of laboratory protocol and of specimens/stains on slides.

‣ Created and maintained a organizational system for slides in a laboratory 

‣ Trained and followed safe laboratory procedures and protocol

‣ Showed up 5 minutes early even though there was a 2 hour commute

‣ Banquet Server at the Ramada Inn: 6-8 Hours/Week.

Working at the Ramada Inn, I was able to gain first hand experience in customer service while in a upscale/high class environment. I was responsible for setting up and breaking down the ballrooms in the facility for many different events from weddings to conventions. I also brought out food as a server, up to 12 plates at a time, and waited on guest. 

‣ Learned the rules of serving in a fine dining environment

‣ First exposure and training in customer service

‣ Succeeded in ability to garner tips in a competitive environment

Community Service / Extracurriculars

‣ Played percussion and wind instruments in Symphonic and Marching Bands; Vice President of Symphonic Band

‣ SBU Basketball Practice Squad player

‣ A multiple of walks and community service events throughout high school/under grad

Education

‣ Economics Major at Stony Brook University (May 2015 Expected Graduation)

‣ Diversity Peer Educator

Achievements

‣ Earned the Certificate of Merit from the New York State Assembly

‣ Inducted in the United States Achievement Academy and became a National Award winner

‣ Earned the Governor’s Honor Program Award

‣ Earned the Junior Achievement Award

‣ Earned the Society of Distinguished American High School Students Award

‣ Earned the Who’s Who Among American High School Students Award