A Steady Progression of my Emotions over the Internship

I submitted my TLT Senior Consultant Internship Application last minute. To be honest, it was a hasty decision on my part to apply. I was on the fence for the longest time, for fears that I would not be capable of completing an internship that required a whole lot more knowledge about my job than I even knew as a regular Student Consultant. I hardly worked during the day time, meaning I didn't know much about the everyday, typical problems that the Senior Consultants encounter. I thought that going in, I would be the least prepared, without any hope of improvement, as I for one, did not know much of anything about the technological resources and services that Stony Brook DoIT provides on campus for us all to utilize. On top of that, I didn't think I would be able to dedicate the necessary time for the internship and the job as a Senior Consultant. Having worked one semester already, I realized that work consumes a lot of time especially if it is one or two hour blocks at random points in the day for the entire week. A lot of planning and management skills must be brought forth. And, honestly, it's surprised even me that I have not yet arrived late to work during my time at TLT. Thus, with all these apprehensions, I juggled the idea of the internship until the deadline date of the application approached.

My decision to actually submit the application was based on two main factors. Having and committing to a job enables the development of skills, professionalism and experience. I am the type of individual who would seize any given opportunity to advance and gain more valuable expertise. I always attempt to strive for better, and if I can meet the qualifications of a position, I would of course, in a sense, take advantage of the moment. The second reason I applied was because I admired the current Senior Consultant group that had just interned the previous year. Their teamwork, passion and brilliance encouraged me to want to establish such a bond with my own class. I wanted to have the chance to meet new colleagues who would be at my side both inside and outside the workplace.

Therefore, I am venturing into the TLT Senior Consultant Internship with hopes to better myself at my job and to find a tight knit family that I can rely on and work together with.