Welcome to my e-Portfolio!

WRT 302 Writing for New Media has been an amazing learning experience. Initially I was not going to continue with writing after the completion of WRT 102, since I only needed one semester of writing at Stony Brook University. However, as part of the pre-med track, I realized a full year of writing and/or English was necessary. Thus, I stumbled upon WRT 302. 

I was reluctant at first to throw myself into another semester's worth of analytical reading and extensive essay writing. But, this course proved its greatness, as it was starkly different from any generic writing composition class. The main focus of the course rested on new new media, something which I never thought classroom writing would turn to. Writing with pen and paper has always existed as a medium of communication when it came to spreading ideas and opinions, but our society has rapidly delved itself into the technological contraptions that dominate and fascinate the young and old alike. We now find ourselves tangled in this web of online involvement, utilizing phones and computers to involve ourselves with the outside world. This course explored the many mediums of online social networking, their advantages and disadvantages, and our very own usage of them. 

The course has been very refreshing, as the class was encouraged to engage in new media, through Digication, blogging, Twitter, digital storytelling, and so much more. So, I hope you enjoy this e-Portfolio section, which gives a peek at some of the topics I delved into throughout the course!