- "Ethos as Dwelling Place: Building Bridges in 21st-Century Writing Practices (ePortfolios and Blogfolios)." In Thinking Globally, Composing Locally: Rethinking Online Writing in the Age of the Global Internet. Rich Rice and Kirk St. Amant, editors. Utah State University Press. 2018.
- "Cyborg Literacy Through Second Life: Contesting "Old School" Spaces with vPortfolios." In Computers and Composition Online (Spring 2012).
- “Alyson Hagy” in American Short-Story Writers Since World War II. Fourth Series. Dictionary of Literary Biography 244. Detroit: Gale Research, 2001. 164-169.
- “Some Thoughts on Style.” HOW2 Forum/Style (1:4, Sept. 2000), edited by Kathleen Fraser, Forum guest editors Mytili Jagannathan and Elisabeth Joyce.
- "Chana Bloch," "Nina Cassian," and "Judith Herzberg" in Contemporary Women's Poetry edited by Pamela Shelton, St. James Press, 1998.
- "Riviera's Golem, Haraway's Cyborg: Reading Neuromancer as Baudrillard's Simulation of Crisis" in Science Fiction Studies 22 pt.2: 69 (July 1996):188-198. Reprinted in Gale reference volume Contemporary Literary Criticism v. 186 (2005).
Awards and Grants
- Modular and Student-Driven Learning of Writing (MASLOW): An Online Platform for Facilitating International Graduate Students’ Academic Transition and Success. Co-PI with Shyam Sharma. SUNY IITG Tier 3 grant award ($10K), 2018-19.
- Writers’ Online Learning Forum & Information Literacy Environment (WOLFIE), Kristina Lucenko (Writing Program), Cynthia Davidson (Writing Program), Darren Chase (Library) – WRT 101/102. Stony Brook Online Learning Development Initiative (SBOLD), 2015.
- TALENT grant from SB Faculty Center, 2013, for Writing Process as Product: A Programmatic Multimodal Writing Model Using ePortfolios
- Oustanding Provost's Lecturer (2012)
- Scholarship recipient, sponsored by Bedford-St. Martin’s for Digital Media and Composition, April 2006
- Presidential Mini-Grant for Innovative Teaching 1999-2000, SUNY Stony Brook, Project Coordinator: Online Interactive Writing Sourcebook
- New York University Press Prize nominee for Athena's Mother, 1997 (poetry).
Selected Book Reviews
- “Luca: A Discourse on Life and Death by Rochelle Owens” in Provincetown Arts(2001).
- cybersexualities: a Reader on Feminist Theory, Cyborgs, and Cyberspace edited by Jenny Wolmark in SFRA Review 246 (2000-2001).
- Imagining Apocalypse edited by David Seed in SFRA Review 245 (Mar/Apr 2000).
- “Harold Jaffe: Seeking the (Black Hole) Sun” in electronic book review 10 (1999).
- Another Chicago Magazine: "Sentry Towers by Maria Luisa Spaziani" in 35 (1999).; “New and Selected Poems 1961-1997 by Rochelle Owens" in 35 (1999); “Angel, Interrupted by Reginald Shepherd” in 34 (1998); “Pretty Happy!by Peter Johnson" in 34 (1998); “Because the Brain Can be Talked Into Anythingby Jan Richman" in 32/33 (Spring/Summer 1997).
Selected Poetry in Muse Apprentice Guild, Crania, SNARK, Old Crow, Barkeater: The Adirondack Review,Another Chicago Magazine, tight, Voices International, Black River Review, The Poet's Edge, Zuzu's Petals Quarterly Online, Slightly West, Lucid Stone, Private,Wire, Willow Review, Ariel, Overtures.