DRAFT: This module has unpublished changes.
- “The Rhetoric of Poppy: Deconstructing the Engagement of a Viral Pop Textual Series.” Computers and Writing 2018 at George Mason University, Fairfax VA (May 2018).
- “Memes as Global Texts.” Computers and Writing 2017 at the University of Findlay, Findlay OH (June 2017).
- “A Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing: Introducing WOLFIE (Writers’ Online Learning and Information literacy Environment).” Computers and Writing 2016 (Rochester, NY). May 2016.
- "The Terminator Agonistes: Cyborgs in Popular Culture." Computers & Writing 2015, University of Wisconsin-Stout. May 29, 2015.
- "Teaching Writing Online in the Age of Digital Representation: Walter Benjamin Revisited." SUNY Council on Writing, Onondaga Community College (Syracuse, NY). September 26, 2014.
- "Blogfolios: Remediating Ethos as Dwelling Place in ePortfolios." Presentation. CIT (Conference on Instructional Technology) 2014, Ithaca, NY, May 30, 2014.
- "Writing Process as Product: A Programmatic Model Using ePortfolios." IGNITE session/presentation. AAEEBL ePortfolio Conference, August 5, 2013, Boston, MA.
- "The Fantasy of the Ultimate Display and the Promises of Monsters: Avatars and Cyborg Friendship." Computers & Writing 2013. June 7, 2013. Frostburg State University, Frostburg MD.
- "Second Life as Third Space: Remediating the Somatic Mind." Panel: Composing in vSpaces: Rhetorical Architexts of Second Life. Computers and Writing Conference, May 18, 2012 in Raleigh, North Carolina, at North Carolina State University.
- “Cyborg Literacy Acquisition Through Second Life: Contesting Old-School Paradigms in Virtual Spaces.” College Communication and Composition Conference (CCCC) 2011, Atlanta, Georgia (April 7, 2011).
- “Where Do We Gather Now? The “New” Shape of Ethos.” Situating Ethos, Practicing Just Thoughts in the Writing Classroom. SUNY Council on Writing, SUNY Plattsburgh (March 26, 2010)
- “Writ-uals of Faith and Skepticism: Citation as Magical Practice.” Who Owns Writing? Revisited. New York, Hofstra University (October 17, 2008).
- “From Grimoire to Glamor to Grammar Instruction: A Feminist Analysis of Grammar-Based Knowledges in Composition Studies.” College Communication and Composition Conference (CCCC) 2008. New Orleans ( April 4, 2008).
- “’True Lies’: Academic Writing, Plagiarism, and the Formation of ‘Literate’ Identities.” College Communication and Composition Conference (CCCC) 2007. New York (March 23, 2007).
- "Riviera's Golem, Haraway's Cyborg: Reading Neuromancer as Baudrillard's Simulation of Crisis," a paper presented at the Science Fiction Research Association Conference at the University of North Dakota, Grand Forks (June 1995).
- "Using Wikis and Blogs in the Writing Classroom." Interview. Innovations in Education (TV program). Host: Graham Glynn. April 6, 2009. http://tiny.cc/1Tea4
- "Peek Inside the Classroom: Author's Chair with Dr. Cynthia Davidson. April 2011. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StIRlCd9eRI