Basketball has been a huge part of my life. From as far back as I can remember I've been on the hard court, practicing countless of hours everyday. In my elementary days I played in the Riverdale Y and for P.S.24. 

Middle school was an unbelievable experience, in terms of basketball. I went to Middle School in Harlem and played for both my school and the Harlem AAU team. I was the only caucasian on not only both teams, but in our entire school district. I was teased before every single one of the games that I played, but once the game started, I proved the other team and the crowd wrong. I became mentally tough and prepared for anything. No one could get into my head or get me scared on the court, which followed me through high school. 

High school was unbelievable in itself. At first (during my freshman and sophomore years), my personal statistics and achievements were my priorities. I've never liked losing and never will, but the first two years of high school I was too focused on myself and not as much on the team. Being captain of my 5th, 6th, 7th, and 10th grade teams were interesting experiences, but it was not until my junior year that I realized what it really takes to be a leader on the court. After another dissapointing season, I knew that I had to carry my team if we were going to win basketball games. I wanted to graduate as a winner and I was willing to sacrifice my statistics and acclaim for the benefit of the team. Ultimately we had the best season in school history in the Bronx A division.

College is yet to be determined. I've been the head manager of the Stony Brook Men's Basketball team since freshman year. The team is in good shape to make it to the NCAA Tournament for the first time in school history this year. I have been and will continue to work on my game, because I'm a firm believer that anything is truly possible. 

Among the most memorable moments of my basketball career are: 

Leading Scorer at Rucker Park High School Tournament (4 games, 14.3ppg)

Captain Senior Year (led team to best record in school history, 73 years)

Hitting ridiculous shots, after shots, after shots (in parks everywhere since 1992)