I've been an artist many years before I even realized I was one.  Looking back at some of my pieces ten years ago, one would never think my work would be anything noteworthy.  Still, all the criticism and all the unflattering remarks I received never stopped me from drawing and, as a result, my love for art served a far greater purpose than I had imagined.  Art became my home and designing became my life.

I have not always been good at art, but I took the time to be better.  Day after day, night after night, I was determined to finish my work.  I basked in every moment that I spent working on my art projects, dedicating countless hours to reach the end and to capture all that I had envisioned to achieve.   I learned to work hard to better myself.  Had I not, I would be nowhere near the level of artistic capability that I am at today.  Truthfully, art taught me that hard work teaches skill, that nothing comes easy, and that passion drives me to exceed my abilities.  It revealed that I am capable of talent, and that with hard work and determination, I can strive to be something far beyond any one's expectations.

Presently I am nineteen years old and still I remember the excitement I had from finishing my first drawing.  It was the first step I took to discover myself.  Regardless of how bad I was or what anyone thought, I believed I was good.  I never let anyone put me down.  That first piece I made was my beginning – the first step I had made to create my life path.  I now realize that I have the talent to succeed and the determination to achieve anything I set out to do.