Why hire an intern?
Hiring an intern can bring multiple levels of benefit to large or small businesses. They tend to be highly motivated, require minor compensation, and have the potential to bring a fresh perspective to a routine work environment.
The following is a list of motivations or benefits to employers hiring interns:
- Offers employers a cost-effective program for recruiting highly qualified and motivated students to meet the company needs
- Provides well-prepared short-term employees to assist current employees, so they have opportunity to pursue higher projects
- Meets peak or seasonal needs without a long-term commitment
- Offers a low-cost method of training potential future employees
- Creates a recruiting edge on campus
- Helps to identify potential future hires, a pipeline for candidates
- Acts as a recruiting activity with Low Risk
- Provides an opportunity for supervisory experience for developing employees
- A way to gain short term talent
- Provide the organization with fresh ideas
- Fulfill a civic and professional responsibility by providing students with real work experience
- Low-cost, high quality labor
- Build Relationships with Local Universities
- Increase Diversity
-From Pacific Lutheran University.