Creating a New ePortfolio
You may create as many ePortfolios as you wish. However, it is highly advisable that whenever you are required to use an ePortfolio for a new course that you simply add on to your original ePortfolio in order to create a cumulative body of work. However, once again, this is entire up to you.
To Create a New ePortfolio
1. Go to http://stonybrook.digication.com/
2. On the right side of the page, click the green Log In button (pictured below)
3. Enter your NetID and Password and click Login
4. Click the check box to accept the terms of agreement
5. Click the green plus button (pictured below) to create your new ePortfolio
6. Title your ePortfolio using your full name
- If you are planning on using your ePortfolio to establish your digital presence and have a common name, consider using your middle name in addition to your first and last.
- The title of your ePortfolio will automatically become part of your ePortfolio's web address. If you would like a different address, you can change this by clicking on 'edit' under 'ePortfolio Web Address'.
7. Under 'Templates', click 'Create From Scratch'
8. Leave 'Choose a Theme' checked so that you use the selected template's theme
9. Under 'Permissions', click either 'Private Within Stony Brook University' or 'Public'. ePortfolios that are 'Private Within Stony Brook University' will only be viewable by other students and faculty logged into a digication account. 'Public' ePortfolios can be viewed by anyone on the internet.
- If you are planning to include your ePortfolio in your resume or LinkedIn account, you must set 'Permissions' to 'Public'
10. Under 'Tagging', click 'Allow tags by all editors'
- This will allow faculty and ePortfolio Consultants to tag your ePortfolio. For example, if you create an exemplary ePortfolio for your WRT 102 course, we will tag it as 'WRT 102' which will allow others to find it by searching for the WRT 102 tag.
11. Under 'Comments' click allow comments from 'Registered Users'
12. Under 'Show Comments', click "Do not show comments until they have been approved". Leave the Apply comment settings checkbox unchecked
13. Scroll down and click 'Create New ePortfolio' on the bottom left
You should now be looking at your new ePortfolio.
On your ePortfolio is one SECTION labeled as 'Home' and one PAGE labeled as 'Welcome'.
To learn more about adding and editing sections, click on 'Sections' under the 'Adding Content to your ePortolio' tab to your left.
To learn how to add a page to your ePortfolio, click on 'Pages' under the 'Adding Content to your ePortfolio' tab to your left.
To learn how to add content (words, images, videos) to your ePortfolio, click on ' Modules' under the 'Adding Content to your ePortfolio' tab to your left.