It is important to reflect upon your work. This will differentiate you from the crowd, as your thoughts are entirely your own! Future employers and schools will also know that you actually learned from your experiences. Below is a prompt that can guide you on how to complete a reflection.
The Process: Posting Artifact – Collect, Select, Reflect and Connect
1. Upload artifact
2. Describe project and include outcomes
3. Add multimedia – pictures and videos
4. List resources
Reflection Prompts – Ask yourself:
- Why did you include this artifact in your ePortfolio?
- What strategies did you use to design and complete this project?
- How would you describe this project, event, or assignment to your friends?
- What did you learn (skills and knowledge) from the project, event, or assignment?
- How are you able to apply what you discovered and learned to other areas of your life?
- What was your favorite aspect of this project, event, or assignment?
- What risks did you take with this project, event, or assignment?
- What problems did you encounter?
- If you could do it over again, would you and what would you do or change?
- What would you like to learn further about this subject, discipline, or professional field?
Reflections help you to make connections between your courses, academic program, professional career, and personal lives
- You learn better when you write about it
- Makes learning REAL!