I am a person who is motivated by the knowledge that I have done a good job. I am probably one of the most hypercritical people when it comes to evaluating myself and the accomplishments I have earned through my hard work and dedication over the years. While I am not a person who enjoys receiving awards or talking about the accomplishments I have achieved, I will describe some of them below.

Business Honors Program

As one of four students accepted to the program for my graduating year, I feel very proud to be a part of the program. While the interview process for the program was intense, being accepted to the program made all of the challenges I faced worth it. This program requires me to maintain a minimum GPA of 3.5 and the end goal of the program is to work alongside a Phd. faculty member on a yearlong research project. Among other things, I have already completed a 35 page thesis that I am very proud of and spent much time researching. This program has been such a positive experience for me and I am very proud of this accomplishment.

Presidential Scholarship at Stony Brook University

I was selected to receive the presidential scholarship upon coming to Stony Brook University. This, along with being placed in the Business Leadership Program, was a result of all of the hard work to achieve good grades and do as much community service as possible in high school. I am grateful for this scholarship as it makes paying for school slightly easier for me. Also it shows that all of the hard work I put in during high school wasn’t for naught.

Dean’s List at Stony Brook University

Since coming to Stony Brook as a freshman I have been on the Dean’s list every semester. This is an accomplishment I am very proud of as it takes a great deal of work each semester to achieve the grades necessary to make the list. I think it is a nice reminder that my hard work has some recognition and II thank the University for recognizing the achievements of its dedicated students.

Long Island Soccer Referees Association – Assistant Referee and Referee – Grade 7

I am very proud of my status as a professional soccer referee. I have been a professional for 7 years now and I continue to enjoy it, despite the constant berating from spectators, players and coaches alike that is part of the sports culture. I have continues to improve my skills as a referee over the years and through passing various evaluations and testing I have continued to move up the grades and undertake more challenging games. I have also begun evaluating and mentoring younger officials in order to help them to improve. Having the experience of recently having been in their shoes I can give them advice and help them to learn things faster than I ever did figuring things out on my own. I consider refereeing to be one of my greatest accomplishments and I am proud of it for many reasons. Having the respect of my fellow officials and many of the teams I’ve officiated for over the years is a great feeling and it brings me a great sense of pride. The people I have met and the experiences I have gained in my time as a referee are something I wouldn’t trade for anything. Having spent thousands of hours on the fields giving up my weekends for the past seven years, and having come into contact with tens of thousands of fans, players and coaches alike I can say this is a truly rewarding job in many ways. I am proud to say that I am a professional soccer official and I hope to continue to improve as time goes on.