"I set out to get the most from every experience presented to me. I ensure I fulfill my promises and go above and beyond for my family and friends. I strive to be acknowledged as a capable leader and look for recognition as a preferred partner for group exercises. I will never let up in my ultimate pursuit of success."

When I was asked to form a mission statement for myself almost 2 years ago now this is what I considered to be the most accurate description of my mission at the time. Reflecting on this, while I still feel it is a very good mission statement, I think my experiences since writing this have led me to see additional important things that I feel compelled to add. Therefore, my revised version is a fusion of my past a present mission, which I feel is more encompassing of the person I strive to be.

I set out to get the most of every experience presented to me, making the most of negatives and learning from the positives. I ensure I fulfill the promises that I make and to go above and beyond for friends a family as my actions speak more about me than the words I say. I strive to be acknowledged as a capable leader and seek to be thought of as a skilled communicator on team or group exercises. I look to find new opportunities to continue to increase my skills as a leader and as a communicator. I will never let up in my ultimate pursuit of success and in order to be successful, you must be continually improving!

I feel that this updated version of my mission accurately encompasses my mission at the present time. I find that this mission statement is a combination of personal experiences and things I have learned. I think that everyone should strive to get the most out of life as nothing in life is guaranteed and I think my mission statement accurately reflects this belief. Additionally, my mission statement represents the values and beliefs that I feel are important in everyday life and this statement can serve as motivation to continue to strive to be successful in all that I do.

Through the many lessons I have learned in continuing through the Leadership Development minor I feel that I now have a more comprehensive understanding of what is important for a mission statement to contain. I think that this updated version reflects my current trajectory in school and life. However, in going back to this mission statement I realized it may be a good idea for the future to update my mission statement more frequently, perhaps once every six months or so, to reflect new things I may have learned or changes that have occurred in my life that would affect this statement.