This section contains my thoughts on various aspects of my life, my family and my culture. For a class project, I decided to focus on my family and Indonesia. I wanted to share my feelings and experiences about my first trip to my father's homeland. 

The first essay, "My Father's Restaurants" is about my experience growing up with a father who loved to eat out and how that has influenced me. 

In my second essay, "A Trip to Malang, Indonesia" I wrote about my trip to Indonesia. 

I have tried to remain unbiased and present my experiences as I would present a photograph. I want to invite the viewer to look and examine at will and not have my interpretation overwhelm the viewer. I think I have accomplished this with my photographs but with my writing it isn’t as easy. But I think it is better to provide guidance on how to interpret experiences and provide insight on how I felt. I wish I had more video to provide a more comprehensive picture of Indonesia but I have tried to tell my story as best as I can through my photographs.

This project was completed in WRT 303(The Personal Essay) class taught by Dr. Cynthia Davidson