CAD

Computer-Aided Design or CAD is something that I've always been interested in and is one of the biggest reasons I took up Mechanical Engineering. Last summer I thought I'll get a more advanced experience with it by undertaking an industrial training program under Sam's Techno School. We did learnt AUTOCAD for about 2 weeks, 12 hours each week. Then we used Pro/ENGINEER for our other design for another 2 weeks. There I learnt how to model a variety of structures from basic blocks to gears and a variety of stuff used in machinery. Our teacher was a young profesisonal and with a small class size, we receieved a lot of individual attention. We receieved a booklet of the various objects we had to design during the course specifying the dimensions of each object from every side. Plus our instructor guided us on how to go step-by-step with the whole process. Initially it may seem a bit complicated with so many tools to choose from, but once you get play around with it yourself, it becomes really interesting and in fact fun too. Once you know how to start with the basic structure and then cut it down to the required design, it becomes really really intriguing.