Growing up as a kid, I've always watched television for entertainment. Whether it was cartoons, movies, Disney, discovery, history, or food channels, I would sit on my couch for countless hours watching these shows nonstop. Television has become a great part of each and every household; it's hard to imagine life without it. Although there were many who contributed to the invention of the television, the main concept of television primarily existed due to Vladimir Zworykin and Philo Farnsworth in 1922. Zworykin and Farnsworth created the concept of electronic scanning of images, which is now the base of our modern television. Television was then divided into the Mechanical TV era, where images were lacking in quality, and the Electronic TV era, where it began to broadcast television programs. I thought back to the times where my parents spoke of televisions and movies that were black and white, and flat screens/LCDs that didn’t exist when they were kids. The quality, style, and presentation of a television grew over time; gradually making television ridiculously slim yet screened amazing quality. I never got to experience the "amazing quality" of television until recently actually. Throughout my years, my family never believed we needed a new television since it was still working and sturdy. Until recently, my dad bought a new flat screen TV, instantly I knew the difference. The quality of the channels and images were in HD compared to the dim lighting on the old television, the sounds were much crispier with surround sound, and the functions on the television was what surprised me the most. The television had functions of Wi-Fi, Internet services, and applications just like a regular phone or computer would have. The process of television has developed so much, not only do we rely on these technology, we've become so fascinated. Through these fascinations, we look forward to further improvements, although I believe these advancements are already good enough for society.