What is family?

In the words of a very wise man, “Family isn't always blood. It's the people in your life who want you in theirs. The ones who accept you for who you are. The ones who would do anything to see you smile, and who you love and who love you no matter what.”

Family isn't just your blood relatives. Family is people who are there for you, who care for you, who want more for you, who would do anything for you. They are the people that you feel most comfortable with. They are the people that you hope will never disappear from your life. They are the people that you want to go back home to. They are the people that make up your sense of “home”.

It doesn’t matter if they’re not your siblings or cousins or aunts or uncles. It only matters that they are the people that are there for you through thick and thin. The people that are there for you when no one else is. The people who would do anything in this world for you. They are the ones that love you unconditionally and with no limitations.

Your family is simply a group of people that you can confidently say you have and will always have a long-lasting relationship with. They’re the people who you know will be in your bridal party or groom’s party. They are the people who you want there with you for every major milestone in your life. These are the tiny circle of people that you would trust with your life.

Family is about the group of people that you surround yourself with as you are growing up and facing life's trials and tribulations, who will love you in spite of your flaws.

Do they have to be related to you by blood? Of course not. Do they have to be someone living with you? No. Do you love them to no end even when you dislike them? Yes. Do you hurt with them when you see them going through a painful time? Absolutely.

You have a deeper connection with these people because of the love you have for each other.

So what is family? Family is not just blood. Your family is who you make it.

Reflection

1. A digital story is a video that showcases a certain aspect of one's life. They combine videos, photos, narration, music, text, and more. Digital storytelling is the video form of a self-expressive piece that explores and explains a certain concept or topic of one's choice. 
  2. From this project I learned how to combine different forms of multimedia to covey a specific message in an informative and creative manner.
  3. Since this project taught me a bit about creaitivity, I could use the creativity skills I gained from project in other projects in either my academic, professional, or personal life.
  4. My favorite aspect of this project was getting to gather all my favorite pictures of my family and freinds and putting them into a slideshow.
  5. I decided to talk about my family and friends and the relationships I had with them and also explain that in a reflective video. I made me appreaciate my family and friends much more than I did before.
  6. While recording my voice for narration, the sound did not come out as well as I had hoped and therefore I had to re-record my voice over and over agian to get the right quality.
  7. I would not change anything about this project because I loved every aspect of it.
  8. I learned how to use creativity in reflecting on an aspect of my life.