My name is Jermy Nguyen. Many people say my name wrong but its pronounced germ-e. My name is spelled that way because back when I was born, my grandmother didn’t know how to spell Jeremy so Jermy was born. I was born in the boring and dangerous Bronx, and have lived here all my life. I have never shown much interest in anything specific until the 6th grade when I started drawing graffiti because it was inspired by a girl I adored. When I reached freshman year in high school I stopped drawing graffiti regularly and I started hanging out with my good friend Michael Oduro. After we started hanging out in high school I started taking a huge interest in fashion. I used to buy tons of clothes and waste all my money every week. Currently I am a biology major but I have a feeling that I will change that very soon. I have found Stony Brook as a place of anti-procrastinating. I have never really loved reading books but one book I read that is still stuck in my head ever since I read it in the 10th grade is The Outsiders. There was a movie made about the book and I find that to be my second favorite movie. My first favorite movie is Transformers: Dark of the moon, because of the combined humor and action. There is no celebrity I admire more than Carmelo Anthony. People say he’s overrated or LeBron James is better than him. I praise Carmelo Anthony as a player and as a person in general. Carmelo inspires me to go out and play basketball even though I am horrible at it. Every time I hit a three, I think I’m Carmelo.