My name is Joel Burgos and I am a fifth year senior double majoring in Sociology and Health Science with a concentration in Informatics. I was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York and I have lived in Brooklyn all my life. Both of my parents emigrated from the Dominican Republic. My favorite hobby and passion is playing basketball and I don’t know what I would do if I were incapable of playing. I am very upbeat and I enjoy making others laugh and smile and I am usually the comic relief for my firends, family and co- workers. I had been slightly indecisive about what career path to choose and I decided pretty late that I wanted to pursue a career in nursing, which would explain the extra year. I finished my sociology requirements by the end of my junior year and then I finished my health science requirements in my senior year. Now I am enjoying my last year here at Stony Brook University as an undergraduate finishing up the few classes I need for my nursing school applications and furthering my collegiate experience.