My passion for nursing stems from the enjoyment I receive when I am able to help and assist others. I came to the realization that nursing was the best fit for me here at Stony Brook University. I came in as undeclared major and the only thing I was certain about was that I wanted a career where I could be directly assisting and helping people which led me to double major in Sociology and Health Science. As I continued searching for what career path fit best, my advisor suggested that I take HNI 290, which is an intro to nursing course and I fell in love immediately. I was previously interested in the medical/ clinical field and this course cemented my decision. 

With nursing, I am able to get the duo of working in the medical field but also getting the socialble aspect that the job provides. I have had vast experience interacting and helping others and plenty of my growth has been here at Stony Brook University.

Being a resident assistant at Stony Brook University for the past four years has helped in building my character, by handling various complex situations within the residence halls and building lasting relationships with my co-workers and residents. As a resident assistant one must deal with very delicate situations, which in turn allows me to approach situations more critically and analytically. This is a trait that will allow me to excel in nursing school and all of my future endeavors. I have become very adaptable and this is a quality that one must have in the healthcare field if they expect to excel and deal with a field that is in constant flux. Every position that I have held on campus, such as being a teaching assistant, helping students with their schoolwork, an office assistant, and resident assistant, being there for residents and making sure that the residence halls run smoothly, has all been a wealth of experience that I know will allow me to transition comfortably into the field of nursing.