The case-study focus of this class was very helpful for my learning. In most of my other engineering classes, I'm taught how to design systems and structures that work but very little coverage is given to remind young engineers about the consequences of poor engineering. This class fills in that gap. I think all engineering students should consider taking this class.

I had heard of some of the mentioned engineering disasters but it was only in this class that I learned the engineering details behind them which was very fascinating. Especially as a senior in engineering, I was able to relate wht I learned to understanding real world situations.

I hope to apply the lessons of engineering failure to my work in the future especially human factors. As engineers, we are taught to do good math and find the right numbers but we are never taught about the human factors involved in engineering, at least not outright. But this class has filled in that gap and I will definitely remember and apply what I learned here.