My name is Khloe Meitz. Welcome to my E-Portfolio. I am twenty years old

and currently a Junior attending Stony Brook University (Stony Brook, NY) as a Journalism Major and Music Minor.

The culinary arts were not always a dream of mine, in fact I came to Stony

Brook with goals of going into the veterinary field. Horses are and always have been a passionate hobby of mine, and I thought that being a large-animal vet would suit me. As it turned out I ended up changing my mind after being exposed a bit more thoroughly to a veterinarian’s lifestyle. I still hope to lead a life where I can continue working with equines, but as far as careers go, I believe that food journalism will be my niche.

As far as my music minor is concerned, I am carrying it out as a performance

minor on the violin. I have been playing the instrument for fourteen years and have come to truly appreciate and enjoy it. Thanks to consistently playing the instrument for this long I have had many opportunities to play at many sorts of venues and with various outfits. Orchestras, Chamber Ensembles, Theatrical Productions, Rock Bands and Charity Bands have all given me a chance to spread my wings on the violin and expand my experiences.

Other than working with and riding horses, other hobbies of mine include

watersports, my music, and dancing. The watersports include competitive sailing, which was introduced to me in Highschool (we were fortunate enough to have boats on the local Port Jeff Harbor), recreational kayaking, and competitive swimming – which led to me starting and coaching my Highschool intramural swim club, as well as my becoming a certified LifeGuard.