Hobbies are a way to expand your interests and explore your physical capabilities.  Here’s a couple of things I love to do!

1. I am a FILM fanatic. To most it would seem like a waste of time however I think the true essences of films is to be able to share with us the different cultures and messages of each story.  Within each film the characters, timeline, and plot can visually show you a reflection of humanity.   For every era there is progression OR more importantly regression of socio-economic factors, social issues: racism, abortion, homosexuality etc. Films can teach us how to answer questions like what brought us to where we are now as a society? Or civilization? Sometimes its also nice to see what its like in ancient, colonial, or even the 60's!!! Its almost like being able to time travel and immerse yourself into different worlds. And more importantly there is a genre for everyone!  

2. 

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become."

~C. S. Lewis

Literature
 and film serve the same purpose. However literature surpasses film in many ways. Its history expands to the furthest of all we've known. It was proof that language existed and the difference between human and beast. But one more important difference is that in literature your imagination is not contained to what you are being shown, it it infinite allowing you to understand, conceptualize and learn from others and there experiences. It has once defined what we are and now it can serve as a reminder of what we need to be.

3. Jigsaw PUZZLES, Brain TEASERS not only does it stimulate the mind it also keeps you on your  toes! And the sense of accomplishment when u can solve the mystery or find the missing piece is incomparable to anything else!.

4.Last but not least I still wish to be an engineer so one of my biggest interest is taking apartmachines and trying to understand how they work. Inside every machine is a system of its own. It serves a single purpose and I want to be able to understand how to make one of my own someday!!

Check out some of my favorite books and films on the next page !!