HELLO

Hello and welcome to my e-Portfolio. My name is Mary Parhiala, an honors student in the College of Business at Stony Brook University. My concentration is marketing and my minor is Italian. I will be graduating in May 2013.

OBJECTIVE

I am using this ePortfolio to provide an easy way for potential employers to browse some writing samples that I have collected over the course of my college career. 

ABOUT ME

I am a Boston, MA native who has many passions. I am incredibly determined and self-motivated, and find that anything I put my mind to I can accomplish, even if it is not in the way I had originally planned.

I decided to study Italian at Stony Brook because I fell in love with the language and the country while in high school. Now in my fourth year, I studied abroad in Rome and decided it's imperative to make the move there at some point in my life. During my years of studying and traveling to Italy, I've become very confident with the language and developed a desire to learn and travel more.

I play guitar, an acoustic Epiphone specifically. I started playing because I heard Neil Young and Crazy Horses "Down By the River," and felt so moved I picked up an old guitar laying around the house and haven't stopped since. This was four years ago. 

I'm also an avid writer and reader. I drink too much coffee. I run about four times a week and have successfully completed the Cape Cod Marathon twice. I plan to do more marathons after I graduate.  

Hopefully I gave you a thorough yet quick overview of who I am. If you would like to contact me directly, please email me at: mary.parhiala@gmail.com

This is me and my best friend, Mickey: