This project introduced me to ePortfolios and how one could organize work in a professional fashion for public display. The project covered the many aspects of creating a product. I first had to come up with a product idea. This brainstorming process made me think of products that needed improvement, but I was unsuccessful in coming up with something original. Then one night I was in my friend's car, forced to listen to his music. It then dawned upon me that I should create a system in which multiple people could listen to different music at the volume of their choice when in a car. This helped me develop my mission statement. I realized that most people do not have headphones with them at all times and that people of different ages have different musical tastes. 

Determining the target market for my product made me realize that I am not like most college students. Teenagers and college students would probably not buy this system because their musical tastes are similar to their passengers' tastes. I on the other hand listen to music that my parents like. I eventually realized that parents will most likely purchase this system. With this system, children could listen to their music while parents could listen to whatever they want without having a radio choice dilemma. The system comes with wireless headphones which would stay in the car so that consumers wouldn't have to carry headphones with them. I researched the average commuting time from Long Island to Manhattan to see if carpoolers would consider the system.

My SWOT analysis had me look at the internal and external forces working against my product. I looked at the competition such as mobile devices with built in audio players. As stated earlier, most people do not carry headphones with them, so they would be forced to listen to the driver's music. Young children do not own cell phones either, so they would nag their parents until they got the music of their choice.

I had to price my product similarly to the ones that already exist in order to remain competitive. I looked at the price of wireless headphones on Amazon.com and found that a decent pair went for 50 dollars. The price of my product took into account the design of the wireless headphones which include a volume, channel and equalizer control as well as the splitter system. I then looked up Census information about how many people there are per family in New York. After I found out this information, I created a bundle package priced at about 350 dollars for three wireless headphones and the splitter system. If there are 4 people per family, three passengers could listen to audio with the Uraudio Multi-station while the driver could listen to audio directly through the car radio. 

The difficulty of this project hit me after I conceived the idea. The idea I thought would be the hardest part. Determining the target market and seeing what competition I was up against made me focus my efforts to make a better product than my competitors. Using the Census Bureau to find information about average family size and average commute time helped me determine the feasibility of the product. Overall, this project helped me become a better researcher and a better marketer.