This was one of the first projects in which I worked completely online with my peers. We did not meet face-to-face until the day of our presentation. Of course I ran into several communication issues where I would be waiting around on my computer for group members to respond or update their parts. This put a lot of responsibility on me as a group leader to be on top of everything including scheduling, editing and assigning tasks.

Besides the research aspect of this assignment, doing this project enabled me to really get to know Google Docs and Facebook and the business applications they provide. Google Docs allowed me to communicate with my group members while editing our presentation in a virtual chat room. Facebook allowed me to create a group dedicated to the project where we could upload links for everyone to see. The Facebook group also allowed for tasks to be delegated and for questions to be answered.

I embrace these cloud technologies and plan to use them in whatever business scenario comes my way.