Creative Commons License
Nancy McCoy Wozniak ePortfolio Content by Nancy McCoy Wozniak is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.

Welcome to my showcase eportfolio.  You'll find a little bit of me throughout the walls of this exhibit.  Take your time and reflect with me as you walk through the rooms of my eportfolio.  Please leave your comments and reflections in the feedback area at the bottom right on the pages - Show Comments and Tags.  Make yourself at home.

As I was cleaning out the garage today, I found words I had written in an old research binder from years ago, "Love the unlovely.  That's a true test of your ability to love. Teach those that are deemed unteachable. That's the true test of your ability to teach."  I would have to say, in a New York Minute, that's my teaching philosophy.  In the wee hours of the morning, while writing my graduate thesis paper, I scribbled those words in my Instructional Design notebook.  I was tired and wondering why I was putting myself through this stress.  I knew I wanted to be a part of changing education to provide ALL learners the opportunities to achieve their academic goals and realize their professional selves.  Good words to my professional  self. 

Share This:    Delicious Bookmark   Digg Bookmark   Diigo Bookmark   Facebook Bookmark   LinkedIn Bookmark   MySpace Bookmark   StumbleUpon Bookmark   Twitter Bookmark

What's News !

My Ignite Presentation at the 5th Annual AAEEBL Conference, Engaged Learning and ePortfolios: Advancing Learning-Centered Cultures in a Multimodal AgeJuly 29-31, 2014.   

Wozniak-CreativeInquirywithScript.pptx

An update on teaching and learning activities at Stony Brook, presentations and interesting educational initiatives and articles.

Review and participate (join) in Deakin University's Assuring Graduate Capabilities at http://boliver.ning.com.

What’s the challenge? Higher education providers credential learning based on signals and codes such as marks, grades and credit. How might technologies enable additional methods, so that: students are encouraged to create and curate rich evidence of their learning; educators have richer ways to warrant and credential such evidence; and providers can test new business models associated with credentialling?  Continue at http://boliver.ning.com . 

What Stony Brook Students Are Saying About ePortfolios

• CIT 2013 Presentation
    Learning with ePortfolios...It Takes a Campus...It takes a Village
    Presented in Ignite format - 20 slides-20 seconds
    ItTakesAVillagewithNotes.pptx

• Nancy Wozniak's Stony Brook ePortfolio Implementation Presentation - Posted below is a resource powerpoint that includes eportfolio use at Stony Brook, examples, implementation, reflective practice, inquiry-based project eportfolios and other resources. Download PowerPoint with notes below.

Identifying the Bright Spots: The Implementation of Integrative ePortfolios at StonyBrook University
    -

See -   eportfolios@stonybrook.pdf

Presented at

• National Symposium on the Future of Advising Highly Talented Undergraduates:TRENDS, CHALLENGES AND INNOVATION, October 14-15, 2012, University of Notre Dame
  • SUNY Faculty Development Cooperative Creating a Community for Teaching and Learning, November 2, 2012
  • CUNY Staten Island College, November 20, 2012
  • What's Your Story?
    Make your own Digital Story.  Instructions can be found on our Spotlight on ePortfolios site.  This is Eda Gimenez's and Harsh Bainwait's story on what it's like to be an ePortfolio and Media Consultant at Stony Brook University.  As you can see, they caught me by surprise during one of my bad hair days.

• Turn to Your Neighbor- The Official Peer Instruction Blog
    Just stumbled across this in a POD post - Peer Instruction Network: The newest social network for innovative educators, everywhere.  Go to the Turn to Your Neighbor Peer Instruction Blog to find the network http://blog.peerinstruction.net/2012/06/12/peer-instruction-network-the-newest-social-network-for-innovative-educators-everywhere
    Harvard University researchers Eric Mazur and Julie Schell have developed a new social network for innovative educators, everywhere. Mazur and Schell founded Peer Instruction Network to cultivate the growing global community of current and potential users of Peer Instruction (PI) and other research-based pedagogies and learning technologies. The site has over 3,000 registered members from all over the world, looking to connect about teaching and learning innovations.
  • Say it in a WORDLE
    Build a graphic of your professional self at www.wordle.net.  Ask an ePortfolio Consultant for help.