Nikko Santiago 

Who am I? That's a strange question to ask oneself. Can a person’s own view of himself ever be the same as how others might view them?Often people have this self image that they associate with themselves as an ideal model of the type of person they aspire to be. For me I would aspire to be a  debonair playboy with all the answers and seemingly no care in the world, but in reality that is not the case. How I act in social environments is often the farthest thing from how I am behind closed doors. This often surprises those who I have the chance to know on a personal level, and once they get to know who Nikko Santiago really is they soon throw their earlier view of me out the window.     

That introduction was simply a cavalier and slightly conceited way of saying that despite being seen by many as a social kid who likes to party and flirt with women of varying age, that’s more of a way to hide underlying insecurities and make people laugh then actually an integral part of my psyche. To put it bluntly I am a mega nerd. I am a physics major with the intentions of specializing in astrophysics and cosmology. These aspirations were largely influenced by one thing, Star Wars. Star Wars is my bible and George Lucas the messiah himself. Ever since a young age this fictional universe has been an obsession of mine, and has influenced the focus of my education. Besides the depths of the oceans here on Earth, the Universe is humanity's final frontier and it is mind-bendingly vast. The human brain is far too finite in capacity to fathom what's out there, how it all works, and most obscure of all why it exists. Brilliant imagination is our first step to unveiling the mysteries of the Universe, and in my opinion George Lucas has been pioneering this kind of imagination since the early 1970’s and ever since with the game changing Star Wars saga. Could there be such civilization in galaxies far far away? Mathematical probability and imagination says yes!