Welcome to The Island of Pembo

We were supposed to create our ideal community as a group for our LDS class. The name of our ideal community is, The Island of PemboOn this page there is a link to my Reflection on this challenge, but also a powerpoint which explains how our ideal community functions. Hope you Enjoy it !

Reflection

“The Island Of Pembo" is the name of my group’s created community . It represents our idea of how an ideal community should be. Even though I don’t think it’s possible to create an ideal community in our world, it is possible to come close to one.

Why do I consider our community a better place to live in than the “real world” ? The reason why I think this , is because on “The Island of Pembo”  they really focus on having a sense of family in the community. In our “real world” we don’t really focus on families. People don’t have this because they are focussing more on their work rather than on their families . If you have strong and happy families in your community, the chances of having a healthy community is bigger. And who wouldn’t want to live in a healthy community?

Like I said earlier, I don’t think it’s really possible to create a community that is perfect for everyone.To come to this ideal community in our “real-world” , we sadly have to improve a lot of things. One thing that we have to work on, is that there has to be more attention on families in our world. Kids grow up healthier when they are  raised up in happy and loving families. We have to let the world know how important it is for the parents to be involved in the lives of their kids. We have to let them see the importance of being emotionally involved in their lives and not only financially. We also have to focus on promoting  healthy and loving relationships between parents in our world. Kids tend to become the same as their parents when they grow up, so we have to create good role models for the future generation. Because sometimes it’s the little things that make a huge difference at the end.

My group  sadly didn’t work at its full potential. We could have worked better as a group. If we ever get a chance to work together in a team again, we have to stick to the plans we make. But I have to say that I had lots of fun in my group and I’m really happy with the outcome.

The Island Of Pembo may be only a dream community. But you can only reach something if you are looking forward to something big and wonderful at the end of the road. So we have to keep on thinking about “the ideal community” and by this work as hard as we can to make this dream , even if it’s partially, a reality.

PowerpointPembo Edited.key