Dear Readers,

My name is Qianling Lu, and I major in Computer science. I am in my sophomore year and considering double major in Applied Math. It is my pleasure to present you my e-portfolio. I have learned a lot of writing strategies from Professor Patterson. Both WRT101 and WRT102 are fun and efficient. In this semester, we are concentrating learning textual analysis. It requires a deeper understanding of writing and reading. After learning these materials, I feel comfortable writing an analysis paper and critically thinking about many controversial topics. I also get to know and use MLA, APA formal citations to form a formal research paper. You can check my assignment by category “Portfolio”. Since English is not my first language, I find every language fascinating and fun to learn. Writing102 is a class in which I improved my personal writing skill; moreover, it made me more interested in Writing and literature. Professor Patterson helped me a lot by giving me many good suggestions on analysis paper. 

I wrote four major papers in WRT102, They are:

Personal Reflection -

Time is like an eraser

This is a short memory about my middle school friend Fan. I want to tell a friend that I regret leaving behind. Even though we live in different countries and we probably never going to see each other, I want everyone to know: those years are the happiest time that I will never forget.

Analysis of a Print Text -

One More Chance, One More Time

Teenage love comes with passion and regrets; it is sour, bitter, but accompany with the sweet and unforgettable memories. I read a short story named “Boyfriend”, it tells a story between two teenage lovers and it is an analysis paper about that story.

Comparative Analysis  -

Twin Towers:Experienced Love vs. Teenage Passionate Love

This is an analysis paper which compare two factions named “What we talk when we talk about love”, and “A&P”. I find these two story are connected in some ways.

research paper-

Crime and Punishment vs. Love and Peace

Death penalty research. 

I hope you can enjoy reading my essays. All assignments are listed below “Portfolio section”, also you can know more about me under the “About me ” section. I appreciate that I have a chance to be in Professor Patterson’s class,  and after WRT102, I will not stop my love for both writing and reading.

Thank you for reading.

Regards,

Qianling Lu